It’s Ramadan and with people fasting as long as 17 hours a day, without food or drink, DrBeekeeper would like to share some great Ramadan Recipes!
This simple Moroccan semolina porridge is easy to prepare and can be served as a healthy desert or be enjoyed as part of a nutritious breakfast. The soup will thicken when it cools, but when reheating, just add a little water or milk to thin it to your preferred consistency.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 liter of water
- 150 g coarse semolina
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 litre milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 star anise seeds, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Bring the water to a boil and stir in the semolina and salt. Simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, until the semolina is tender and the mixture is quite thick.
- Stir in the milk, butter and star anise seeds. Bring back to a simmer, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the soup reaches a consistency you like. Then stir in the honey. Serve warm.
We’d love to hear from you with your favourite honey themed recipes – please send them here!