Why not celebrate halloween with these delicious honey caramel apples using DrBeekeeper Honey?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 medium apples
- 1 cup DrBeekeeper honey
- ¾ cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup crushed DrBeekeeper honey roasted pecans
- ice cubes
- 6 sticks
- Whisk honey, cream, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until it bubbles, then immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue whisking the caramel to prevent burning and spillage. Continue cooking the caramel until the temperature reaches 125 C (about 25 minutes). The caramel should thicken and turn a rich brown colour and the bubbles should be small and should uniformly cover the surface of the pan.
- Make an ice bath by placing ice cubes in a bowl. Then transfer the hot caramel into a mixing bowl and place the bowl in the ice bath. Stir the caramel until it is cooled and starts to thicken.
- Insert a wooden stick into the core of your apples dip carefully into the caramel until fully coated. Roll the dipped apples into the chopped pecans and place onto a piece of parchment paper. Allow to cool completely before serving.
We’d love to hear from you with your favourite honey themed recipes – please send them here!